For the Polenta;
- 120g Polenta
- 400ml Milk
- 400ml Vegetable Stock
- 100g Pilgrims Choice, Lighter Mature/Extra Mature, grated
- 20g Butter
For the braised beef;
- 500g Beef Brisket, cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 White Onion, diced
- 1 Carrot, peeled and cut into chunks
- 50ml Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree, heaped
- 2 tsp Soft Brown Sugar
- 400ml Beef Stock
- Sprig of Rosemary
- 2 Sweet Pointed Peppers
- Add all of the braised beef ingredients to a casserole dish, mix well and season with sea salt and black pepper. Put the lid on and cook at 170C/fan 150C/gas 3 for 2 1/2 to 3 hours until the meat is tender. Once tender place on the hob and simmer with the lid off to thicken the braising liquid.
- Trim the sweet peppers and cut in half lengthways and then into quarters. Toss together with a drizzle of olive oil on a roasting tray and roast alongside the beef for the last 45 minutes.
- In a saucepan heat the the milk and the stock together, once simmering gradually add the polenta whilst stirring continuously. Simmer on a low heat for 6-7 minutes until to fully cook through and thicken. Remove from the heat and stir through the grated cheese, butter and season, set aside.
- Break up the beef using a wooden spoon and spoon over the polenta and top with roasted sweet peppers.