In our main event, Broccoli takes on Cheddar in a delicious, winter-themed all-out battle for flavour, where the only winner is you and your tastebuds.
Cheesy garlic bread is optional. Pilgrims choice is obviously a must. Obviously.
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 170g peeled potatoes chopped into a small dice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 450g broccoli
- Salt and pepper
- 850 ml chicken stock (vegetable stock can be used as well if preferred)
- 175g Pilgrims Choice Extra mature Cheddar grated (leave some back for the end)
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
- In a large saucepan pop in the onions and soften.
- Now add in all the other ingredients remembering to leave some grated cheese until the end.
- Bring to the boil and simmer until all the vegetables are soft.
- Pop 3/4 of the ingredients into a blender and whizz until smooth
- Pop these back into the pan, give a good stir and re heat if necessary.
- Serve into a bowl and sprinkle over some more cheese and the spring onions
- Serve with a wedge of cheesy garlic bread.