- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 150ml Buttermilk
- For the Coating;
- 100g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Fine Black Pepper
- Vegetable Oil for Frying
- Ciabatta Loaf, halved horizontally and toasted
- 1 Little Gem Lettuce, shredded
- Not Including the oil absorbed from deep frying which there are too many variables that affect oil absorption rates. Calories, Fat and saturates and likely higher than estimated 4 Slices
- Pilgrims Choice Extra Mature Sliced
- Sliced Gherkins
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- Flatten the chicken breast between two sheets of cling film with a rolling pin until they are an even thickness. Coat the chicken in the buttermilk and let marinate for a couple of hours, this will tenderise the chicken and help keep it moist.
- Heat a suitable pan with vegetable oil or use a deep fat fryer heated to 180C. Alternatively preheat the oven to 200/180C Fan/Gas Mark 5.
- Mix all the coating ingredients together in a bowl and dredge each of the chicken breasts until well coated.
- Fry in two batches until golden brown, around 5-6 mins. Drain and assemble with your favourite burger combinations, slice into Alternatively spray with a low cal spray and oven bake for 25-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the coating is crisp.