WARNING: Do not try to lick, smell or bite the pictures on your screen, no matter how incredibly delicious the food looks. We can barely resist ourselves.
If you find a meal that satisfies your sweet & savoury craving better, call us on 1-800-WETHINKNOT.
- 2 eating apples cored and sliced into wedges
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 100ml double cream
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 100g of fruits of the forest mix
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 slices of sourdough fruit bread
- 6 slices of Pilgrims Choice Extra Mature cheddar
- Maple syrup and icing sugar for garnish
- For the caramel, in a heavy based frying pan pop in the sugar and the water and heat until it starts to bubble. Make sure to keep an eye on it and don’t stir.
- Once you have a caramel colour, pour in the cream, it will bubble and fuss a bit but just swirl the pan gently and let it simmer.
- Now pop in the apples, they will only need a few minutes to soften as the sauce is very hot
- Stir in some cinnamon and set to one side.
- Put the fruits of the forest in a bowl and sprinkle over the sugar, give a stir and leave to sweeten the fruit.
- Heat the grill.
- Toast the bread slices and top with the sliced cheese, and melt under the grill,
- Add a spoonful of the apple mixture and top with a slice of bread.
- Cut in half.
- Pop onto a plate and add a spoon of the forest fruits
- Drizzle on some maple syrup and a dusting of icing sugar