- 4 Slices of Sourdough
- 50g Pilgrims Choice, Mature/Extra Mature/Vintage, sliced
- 1 tbsp Lighter Spreadable
For the Balsamic Onions;
- 1 Medium Red Onion, finely sliced
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- In a saucepan over a medium low heat gently fry the onion together with the oil until soft and starting to caramelise.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and sugar to the pan and reduce until thick and jammy.
- Assemble the sandwich, dividing up the cheese and onion between each and butter the outside slices.
- In a dry pan over a medium heat, toast the sandwiches on both side until the bread is golden and the filling is melted and oozing.