For the pizza dough;
- 300g Plain Flour
- 1 7g Sachet Fast Action Dried Yeast Cook 20 Mins
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
For the Sauce;
- 15g Salted Butter
- 100ml Semi Skimmed Milk
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tbsp Plain Flour
- 50g Pilgrims Choice Lighter, Mature/Extra Mature, grated
For the toppings;
- 1 Small Courgette, peeled into ribbons
- 6 Asparagus Spears, woody end trimmed
- 20g Parmesan, finely grated
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- Drizzle of Olive Oil (optional)
- For the pizza dough mix together all the dry ingredients and add 220ml of tepid water to bring together into a dough.
- On a floured surface knead the the dough for 4-5 mins until smooth and elastic. Leave to rest for 30-40 minutes in a warm place until doubled in size
- In a saucepan over a low heat, warm the milk with together with the bay leaf until just starting to simmer. Remove from the heat and strain into a heatproof jug and clean the pan. Melt the butter and stir in the plain flour and cook out for a minute or two over a low heat, gradually add the warm milk and whisk as it thickens. Once thickened stir through the cheese and set to one side.
- Heat the oven as hot as it will go with either a pizza stone or a large heavy baking sheet on the top shelf.
- Roll out the dough a floured surface to a rough 8 inch circle, place the pizza base on parchment or a pizza paddle.
- Top each with the bechamel sauce, asparagus spears, courgette ribbons, grated parmesan and a pinch of dried oregano
- Transfer carefully to the oven using the pizza paddle or baking parchment and cook for 7-8 minutes until crisp and bubbling. Drizzle with a little olive oil and fresh green side salad.