This tantalising, mid-week comfort meal will feel like a hug from the inside, a high five from within, a fist bump inside your belly. The exploding kind. Basically it’s good, in case we weren’t clear.
Feel free to use any type of fish for this scrumptious meal.
- 4 fillets of mackerel and in bite size pieces-use whichever fish you like of course
- 2 tbsp Cajun spice mix
- 50g red cabbage finely sliced
- 1 onion finely sliced
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 red onion fine sliced
- 25ml white wine vinegar
- 12 tacos
- Sour cream
- 200g Grated Pilgrims Choice Mature cheddar
- Pop the Cajun spice in a bowl and add the fish
- Carefully mix the fish round until it’s coated in the spice mix.
- Now mix the cabbage, carrot and onion together to create a raw slaw (feel free to add mayo if you wish) leave to one side.
- In another bowl, pop the sliced red onion and the white wine vinegar together to create a quick pickle.
- Cook the fish, warm a pan on the stove with a little oil and lay in the pieces of fish, cook either side for 2 minutes on a medium heat as we want it to colour a little and crisp.
- Warm the tortillas.
- Pop everything on the table and load up your tacos with what you fancy, not forgetting a big handful of Pilgrims Choice!