Greek Zucchini Fritters
- 2 Courgettes, grated
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
For the Batter;
- 60g Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 50g Pilgrims Choice Lighter, Mature/Extra Mature, finely grated
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Dried Garlic Powder
- Vegetable Oil for Shallow Frying
- Add the Sea Salt to the grated Courgettes and allow to sit for 5-10 mins to draw out some of the water content.
- Mix all the batter ingredients together until smooth, squeeze the water out of the courgettes and add to the batter.
- In a heavy bottomed frying pan add a few centimetres of oil and heat over a medium high heat. Add a small teaspoon of batter to the oil if it’s hot enough it should bubble up immediately.
- Work in batches frying a heaped tablespoon of batter until golden each side, around 4-5 minutes. Serve with Greek salad and tzatziki.