“Jacket potatoes are boring” – said no one who tried this tongue-titillating recipe, overflowing with the absurdly intense cheddary flavours of Pilgrims Choice.
Get ready. Set. Devour.
- 4 large jacket potatoes
- A drizzle of rapeseed oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bunch of spring onions thinly sliced
- 100g bacon lardons
- 1 pack of Pilgrims choice Extra mature sliced cheese
- Sour cream
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c.
- Take your potatoes and just slice a thin amount of the bottom of each one-stops it rolling around!
- Now using your knife carefully make slits across the width of the whole potato, about 1/2 cm thick.
- Drizzle over the oil and season, pop them in the oven and cook for 50 minutes.
- In a frying pan drizzle a little oil in and cook the lardons until crispy, set to one side.
- Reduce the heat on the potatoes to 150c and cook for a further 20 minutes, they should be cooked and crisp and the hasselback slits should have oped up.
- In between each slit add in some sliced cheese, just pop them in the oven for a minute to just melt the cheese.
- Pop each one on a plate and top with the sour cream, bacon and spring onions.
- Serve while piping hot.