Calling this a treat would be an understatement. So, we’re calling it a mouth-melting, rumbling belly-satisfying, cheese-overflowing delicacy. Catchy, we know.
Top with Sriracha and BBQ sauce for extra pungency.
- 12 ready made Bao buns
- 1.3kg lean brisket joint
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Ground black pepper
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 600ml good, hot beef stock
- 100ml soy sauce
- 100ml prepared barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- 2 tablespoons gochujang (Korean chilli paste)
- 100g sliced Pilgrims Choice Mature Cheddar cheese
- Finely chopped spring onions and coriander to serve
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan.
- Place the joint on a chopping board and season with pepper all over.
- Brown the joint on all sides and transfer to a large ovenproof dish.
- Add the remaining oil and cook the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Transfer to the casserole dish with the joint.
- Add the stock, soy sauce, barbecue sauce, honey, gochujang and pears.
- Bring to the boil, cover and slow roast in the oven for 3-3½hours until the beef is tender.
- Transfer the beef to a clean chopping board and `pull’ the cooked beef apart by securing the joint with a fork and shredding the meat with another fork.
- Warm the Bao buns.
- Serve in brisket in the Bao buns garnished with spring onions, coriander and slimes of cheese, top with siracha or more barbeque sauce if you wish.