Want to hear the best three words in the English language? Doughnuts for dinner!
If you like a bit of sweetness with your savoury, this really is the thing for you, just don’t blame us when you become obsessed with them.
- 6 Glazed doughnuts
- 250g grated Pilgrims Choice mature cheddar
- 2 tsp butter melted
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 12 slices of streaky bacon cooked crispy
- Have a good non-stick pan on medium heat with a little vegetable oil.
- Carefully cut your doughnuts in half and lay them middle side up
- Lay on a slice of bacon on each bit, then some grated cheese, repeat for as long as you like, we won’t judge you.
- Pop the lids on and give them a gentle press down.
- Mix the chilli flakes into the butter and using a pastry brush, brush the lids with chilli butter.
- Now pop the doughnuts into the pan and give them a press down with the spatula and leave to cook for a few minutes. Turn them over and press down again, brush a little more chilli butter over them and keep cooking and turning until the cheese is oozing.
- Eat before it gets cold.