Being bad never tasted so flavoursome. Mouth wateringly delicious, this street-food winner is so addictive that we can guarantee that once you’re finished, you’ll be heading straight back to the kitchen to make more. We’re not judging. We’ll meet you there.
For chilli without too much fuss, we recommend using a ready to go slow cooked brisket and smoky sauce pack which you’ll find in most good supermarkets.
- For the chilli you’ll need:
- 1 pack of ready to go brisket and smoky sauce
- 1 tin of kidney beans in chilli sauce
- 1/2 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- A handful of chopped coriander
- For the fries, you’ll need:
- 1 bag of frozen French fries
- 1 pack of bacon lardons, cooked until crispy
- Grated Pilgrims Choice Extra mature cheddar
- Pickled jalapeños
- Sour cream
- In a saucepan add together the chopped tomatoes, kidney beans, the brisket with smoky sauce, salt and pepper and the paprika.
- Let this simmer for 20 minutes before adding the coriander. By now you should be able to pull apart the pork with two forks. Shred away! Before you know it, you’ll have finished making a scrumptious and simple chilli.
- Now for the fries. Cook on a large tray in the oven until lightly brown and nice n’crispy.
- Once your chips are perfect, top with the chilli you’ve just made, as well as the crispy bacon lardons and the grated Pilgrims Choice Extra Mature Cheddar.
- Then pop the whole dish back into the oven until the cheddar has melted and coated the chilli fries.
- Pull out your dish, sprinkle with jalapeños and a couple of dollops of sour cream before serving.