Throw together some spicy chilli and a slab of cheddar for a flavour combination that will blow your mind and knock the socks off your taste buds. Taste buds wear socks, right?
For chilli without too much fuss, we recommend buying some precooked pulled pork and smoky sauce which you’ll find in most good supermarkets.
- 1 pack of ready to go pulled pork and smoky sauce
- 1 tin of kidney beans in chilli sauce
- 1/2 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- A handful of chopped coriander
- 8 slices of thick white bread
- Plenty of sliced Pilgrims Choice Extra Mature Cheddar
- Sliced jalapeños
- Vegetable oil
- In a saucepan add together the chopped tomatoes, kidney beans, the pork with smoky sauce, salt, pepper and the paprika.
- Let this simmer for 20 minutes and then add in the coriander. By now you should be able to pull apart the pork with two forks. Shred away. Before you know it, you’ll have finished making a delicious, easy chilli.
- Next, it’s time to prep your bread. Lay out two bread slices and butter each side. Once you’re done, warm a large frying pan with some vegetable oil in it, gently. You don’t want it smoking hot.
- Layer some mouthwatering slices of Pilgrims Choice Extra Mature Cheddar on top of one of the slices of bread - add as much or as little as you like depending on how much of a cheddary flavour you want.
- On top of the cheese add the chilli you’ve just made, some sliced jalapeños and top with the other bread slices to make a sandwich.
- Carefully flip your sandwich every few minutes in the oil, making sure both sides get some time in the frying pan. The cheddar will begin to melt and ooze out of the sandwich so be careful when you flip it. Add a little more oil if you need.
- As soon as all the cheese has fully melted and the tops are golden, lift your toastie onto a plate. And now you should have a very crispy, melted cheese toastie.