Turn an everyday sarnie into a seriously tasty, gooey, rich grilled cheese toastie that will leave you licking your fingers and looking for any excuse to make another one. For every question, you’ll find the answer is always a Pilgrims Choice Toastie.
This recipe uses Pilgrims Choice Lighter cheese for a fresher lunch option.
- 4 sandwich thins
- 10-12 slices of Pilgrims Choice Lighter cheese
- Suggested additions:
- A good handful of baby spinach
- A jar of sun dried tomatoes
- A couple of spoonsful of pesto
- A sprinkling of pine nuts
- A sprinkling of pomegranate seeds
- Pre-heat your oven to 180˚C.
- On a baking tray, lay out the sandwich thins with their insides facing up. Top these with your Pilgrims Choice Lighter Cheese and put in the oven for a minute. You just want to melt the cheese a little so be careful not to leave them in too long.
- Once you’ve taken the tray out of the oven, lay all the other ingredients you want to add to your toastie on the base of each sandwich thin.
- Once everything’s been added, put the sandwich tops on and pop back in the oven for another couple of minutes. If you add spinach, you want it to have wilted before taking out of the oven.
- Take the sandwiches out and tuck into them while they’re warm. They are also delicious when cold though.