Not only does our cheese pack in flavour, but it’ll also be your best friend in the kitchen when it comes to keeping those pesky tortillas together.
We’ve got your back, friend
- 450g boneless pork shoulder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Good quality barbecue sauce
- 1 cauliflower
- 6 coloured baby carrots
- 10 new potatoes
- 1 courgette
- A big stack of flour tortillas
- Lots of toppings
- Pilgrims Choice grated cheddar
- Chilli sauce
- Pickled chilis
- Thinly sliced iceberg lettuce
- Anything else you like!
MethodFor the pulled pork:
- Begin by braising the pork shoulder. Tie the shoulder in 4 places with kitchen twine so it will hold its shape while being cooked or ask your butcher to do this for you. Season the pork with salt, pepper, cumin and oregano.
- Set the base of a pressure cooker over a low-medium heat and add 30ml of olive oil. Cook the pork for 3 hours.
- Once it’s removed, using two forks pull the meat apart, shredding as you go. Mix this with the good quality barbecue sauce, really easy pulled pork!
- Heat a griddle pan to smoking hot.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets, quarter the potatoes, keep the carrots whole and slice the courgette into discs.
- Toss them all in a little oil and salt and pepper.
- Lay them on the griddle pan and cook for two minutes either side, keep cooking and turning until they are tender and have lovely smoky bar marks on them.
- Warm your tortillas in a hot frying pan.
- Pop everything onto the table and let everyone build and make their own fillings
- Lay one tortilla down, fill with your choice of filling and lots of Pilgrims Choice (It’s great for sticking it together !).
- Warm a ring pan with a little oil and carefully lay the quesadilla into the pan, let it cook for a couple of minutes then turn over, same again two minutes.
- Take out the pan onto a plate…….the outside should be crispy and the cheese running. Top with your favourite dips and sauces.