Hold your horses (and your forks)! This creamy, smooth and extra cheesy mac and cheese is so gooey and moreish, we’re salivating just writing about it.
Mustard is a welcome hit but if you’re looking for even more flavour, don’t be afraid to throw in some bacon.
- 250g Macaroni - cooked al dente
- 500g grated Pilgrims Choice Extra Mature Cheddar
- 1 tbsp. plain flour
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 1 large beaten egg
- 300ml double cream
- 2 slices of day old bread
- Pre-heat the oven to 180˚C.
- In a large bowl, mix all (except the bread and 100g of grated cheese) the ingredients through the cooked macaroni.
- Pour the cheddary pasta mixture into a large oven proof dish and put in the oven for about 30 minutes. You want it to begin to bubble and brown before removing it.
- Cut the bread into big croutons and sprinkle over the cooked macaroni with rest of the grated Pilgrims Choice Extra Mature cheese.
- Bake for another 15 minutes until the extra cheese has fully melted and you can’t stand the delicious smells any more.
- Take it out and serve a massive dollop piping hot.