Meat? Pfft, who needs meat? You’ll forget all about it with these hearty enchiladas packed full of flavour.
This is the perfect mid-week meal for those looking for something well tasty, easy and, of course, entirely covered in cheese.
- 2 red or yellow peppers sliced
- 2 courgettes sliced
- 3 red onion chopped
- 1 aubergine roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 jar of passata
- 6 spring onions finely sliced
- 1 fresh red chilli finely chopped
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander chopped
- 1 lime
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 8 large plain tortillas
- 100g Pilgrims Choice mature Cheddar cheese grated
- Whack the oven at 200°C. Then place a griddle pan over a high heat until smoking hot.
- Chop the peppers, courgettes, aubergine and red onion, throw them on to the griddle and cover them in cumin and paprika.
- Grill until charred and bar-marked, turning occasionally. Remove to a plate to cool.
- Get a saucepan and pour in the passata, add the spring onions, chilli and garlic then simmer together for 10 minutes.
- Lay out the tortillas and start to fill with the medi veg, roll them up and pop them into an ovenproof dish.
- Now for the best bit, pour over the rich passata sauce and load them with the grated Pilgrims Choice Mature cheese.
- Pop in the oven and cook for 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Serve alongside a salad and some guacamole. Sorted!