All other sandwiches pale into insignificance when compared to this open toasted bad-boy. This recipe will redefine your lunch game, filling it with mind-blowing cheesiness.
We almost feel sorry for traditional sandwiches. Almost.
- 2 slices of large white bloomer, toasted and buttered
- 4 sausages – the flavour of your choice
- Baked beans warmed
- 200g grated Pilgrims Choice Mature Cheddar
- Heat your grill to a medium heat.
- Prick your sausages with a fork and then place under the grill until cooked through.
- Lay out your toasted bloomer and top with your already warm beans (leave a few for the top) and then add grated cheese. Pop your bloomer back under the grill and let your Pilgrims Choice Mature Cheddar melt until it’s golden and bubbling.
- Once you think your cheese is ready, take out your sandwich and top with your sausages and a spoonful of extra baked beans. You can even pinch some extra cheese on top to add a ‘just melted’ extra cheddary kick before diving in.