Your tongue will thank you once it has wrapped itself around this powerful flavour combination.
You might even find it licking the plate. And anything else your pastrami and cheese has touched.
- 4 slices Whole meal or seeded bread
- 2 tbsp. sauerkraut
- 250g grated Pilgrims Choice Vintage Cheddar
- 800g sliced pastrami
- American hot mustard
- Pre-heat the oven to 200˚C.
- Butter each side of the bread and lay out on the counter ready to fill.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over half of the bread and top with sauerkraut.
- Now fold the pastrami and lay over the sauerkraut - it should be a really fat, filled sandwich.
- Slick some American hot mustard on the remaining bread and add on top of the pastrami stack. Press down firmly on the sandwich but not too hard otherwise the filling might spill out.
- Put the Reuben’s on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 10 minutes. You want the bread toasted and the Pilgrims Choice oozing out before serving hot.