We’re going to let you in on a secret.
Cheddar has magical powers.
Just pull this flavour-packed veggie fest out of the hat and ‘abra-cacheese-bra’; your pleasure-seeking taste buds won’t know what to do with themselves.
- 1 butternut squash-cut in half with the seeds removed
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pouch of ready to go quinoa
- 1 green jalapeño pepper finely chopped/seeds in
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 3 spring onions finely sliced
- 150g Pilgrims Choice Mature Cheddar
- A couple of handfuls of breadcrumbs (you can buy these or made using some stale bread whizzed to a fine crumb)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180˚C.
- Pop the butternut squash onto a baking tray and drizzle over some olive oil, dried chilli flakes, salt and pepper before putting it in the oven and roasting for 20 minutes until tender.
- In a bowl combine all the other ingredients and mix well. Keep back some of the Pilgrims Choice Mature Cheddar and a pinch of breadcrumbs to top the squash later.
- Once the squash is tender, take it out of the oven. Using a dessert spoon, stuff the squash with plenty of filling.
- Once you’re happy, top with the extra cheese and breadcrumbs and pop back into the oven for 15 minutes, until the Pilgrims Choice is golden and bubbling.