Throw yourself a party in your mouth this breakfast time with a punchy, cheesy waffle stack packed full of meaty goodness.
- For the waffles, you’ll need:
- 3 eggs separated
- 360ml milk
- 115g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 200g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- To build your waffles you’ll need:
- 8 rashers of streaky bacon
- 8 thin slices of chorizo
- 10-12 Slices of Pilgrims Choice Mature Cheddar
- Maple syrup (if you don’t want to use Maple Syrup, we recommend topping with a fried egg).
- Heat the oven to 180˚C and switch on the waffle iron to heat up.
- Place the bacon and the chorizo in the oven and cook until crispy.
- Using two bowls, separate the egg, placing yolk in one bowl and the whites in the other.
- Whisk the yolk and then add to it the milk, butter, flour and baking powder.
- Use an electric whisk to whisk the whites until stiff. Then fold this into your batter mix, slowly, until all of the mixture is evenly incorporated.
- Spoon this mixture into the waffle iron and leave to cook. Gradually cook all the waffles and leave the cooked ones on a baking tray.
- Top your cooked waffles with sliced Pilgrims Choice Mature Cheddar and pop in the oven for a few minutes to allow it to melt.
- Once your cheddar is a light golden colour, pull your waffles out and begin to layer them up, placing the bacon and chorizo in between the waffles. Make sure you leave some for the top.
- And bosh. You’re done. Now all that’s left is a drizzle with Maple syrup (or topped with a fried egg) and it’s time to devour your stack.