A great burger isn’t truly great until you have baptized it with a slathering of cheddar – especially when you’re making a double stacked burger. We always say, double the burger deserves double the cheese.
Our fillings are optional – use whatever you think works best.
- 200g of grated Pilgrims Choice Mature Cheddar
- A dash of milk
- 4 steak burgers
- 8 rashers of streaky bacon
- Tomato chutney
- 4 slices of Pilgrims choice mature cheddar
- 2 sliced tomatoes
- Sliced gherkins
- Hot mustard
- 2 Brioche bread buns
- In a warm saucepan add the grated Pilgrims Choice Mature Cheddar and a splash of milk and let it melt slowly until it’s runny.
- In a separate pan, cook the burgers and the bacon. You’ll want crispy bacon for some added crunch so make sure you cook the bacon thoroughly.
- Just before you think the burgers and bacon have had enough, add your sliced cheese on to each burger and let them melt on top.
- Warm the brioche buns in your oven. Pull them out before they go hard and slick with chutney and mustard.
- Now it’s time to build your burger. Layer yours anyway you want but just before your first bite, pour the cheese sauce over the burgers before adding the top bun. Then all that’s left to do is take your first bite of heaven.