Here come the three musketeers to rescue you from culinary monotony. The daring flavours of fennel and pumpkin find their perfect punchy partner in Pilgrims Choice Mature cheddar. So flavoursome your head will spin (probably).
For extra Instagrammability, add a handful of green salad.
- 200g diced pumpkin
- 1 large carrot, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tbsp dried thyme
- 100g of cubed Pilgrims Choice mature cheddar plus some extra for grating
- Salt and pepper
- 1 sheet of ready rolled short crust pastry
- Preheat oven to 180c
- In a large bowl, combine all the filling ingredients and toss well. Set aside.
- Lay out the ready rolled pastry. Place the veggies in the centre, leaving about a 2-inch border. Fold the sides over the filling.
- Carefully grab the parchment paper and transfer the galette to a large baking sheet.
- Brush over some egg wash and add some more grated cheese.
- Pop in the oven and bake for 45 minutes until golden brown.
- Enjoy warm with a green salad.