Would you look at that, another jaw-droppingly flavoursome recipe. PS. you might need your jaw to drop a little to fit in this flavour bomb of cheddary goodness.
Bring a little class to your feast with snipped chives or chopped spring onions.
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp flaky sea salt
- 30g butter
- 2 tsp English mustard
- 100ml dark ale
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 250g Pilgrims Choice mature cheddar, grated
- 4 large egg yolks, beaten
- A small handful of snipped chives or chopped spring onions to serve
- Preheat the oven to fan 180°C.
- Prick the potatoes all over with a fork and rub with the oil.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, then transfer to a baking tray and bake for 1 hour-1 hour 15 minutes, until the skins are crisp and the flesh tender.
- Remove from the oven and leave until cool enough to handle.
- Preheat the grill to a high/medium heat.
- Halve the potatoes and scoop out the flesh (leaving enough to form a shell) into a mixing bowl.
- Mash the potato with the butter and mustard, then mix in the ale, Worcestershire sauce, 200g of the cheddar and the egg yolks.
- Season to taste.
- Fill the skins with the mixture and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Grill for 5-6 minutes, until puffed up and golden.
- Scatter with snipped chives or spring onions to serve.