Other pasta bakes pale into insignificance when you have this bad boy! @BryMorganna ultimate cheesy dish, full of tender cuts of beef, plenty of pasta and the unapologetic, unmistakable taste of Pilgrims Choice.
Forks at the ready!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 700 grams ribeye steak sliced into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 500 grams penne pasta
- 1 litre beef stock
- 200 ml water
- 70 grams sour cream
- 70 grams cream cheese
- 150 grams Extra Mature Pilgrims Choice Cheddar
- Heat a large, heavy bottomed skillet over medium high heat and add olive oil.
- When hot, add the steak, season with the garlic powder, salt and black pepper, and cook until browned.
- Remove all the steak to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add onion, green pepper, pasta, beef stock, and water. Season with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Bring to a gentle boil for 15 minutes or until the pasta is cooked through and most of the liquid is absorbed. Stir the pasta often to make sure nothing sticks.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the sour cream and cream cheese.
- Mix in 2/3 of the Pilgrims Choice Cheddar and stir until melted. Once gooey, add in the steak and mix to combine.
- Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and put under the grill for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and turned golden brown.