- 350g Penne Pasta
- 500g Squash, such as butternut, peeled and cubed
- 200g Brussel Sprouts, halved
- 3 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 250ml Vegetable Stock
- Handful of Fresh Sage Leaves, chopped
- 150g Pilgrims Choice, Lighter Mature/Extra Mature, grated
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas In a large oven dish add the squash tossed with olive oil, salt, garlic and sage and roast for 30 minutes until tender. Once tender mash the squash with the back of a fork.
- In a pan of boiling salted water, cook the pasta following the pack instructions. Drain and set aside, reserving a splash of the pasta water to use later.
- Stir half of the cheese in with the squash and gradually add the stock to create a smooth sauce, add some of the pasta water to loosen if needed before adding the pasta and coating well.
- Top with the remaining grated cheese.
- Turn up the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and bake for 20 Minutes until golden and bubbling.
- In a frying pan heat a glug of Oil over a medium high heat, fry the brussel sprouts for 4-5 minutes until charred and tender. Top the pasta bake with the brussel sprouts to serve.