If you’re as passionate about burgers as we are, you won’t mind getting your hands dirty for this ultimate tasting bad boy.
This burger is so packed full of flavour, it will probably change your life, maybe.
For the burger
- 500g minced beef
- Salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 a finely chopped red onion
For the burger build
- 4 thick slices of Pilgrims Choice Vintage cheddar
- 8 leaves of soft frilly lettuce
- 8 slices of beef tomato
- 1 jar of sliced gherkins
- A jar of chilli mayo
- 4 burger buns - we like sour dough burger buns
- Throw all your burger ingredients into a bowl and start to mix with your hands. It might feel a little weird in-between your fingers, but it will make your burger super tender. Trust us, it’s worth it. Once mixed together, divide into 4 and shape them.
- Cook your burger any way you like, barbecue, fried, grilled or even in the oven. There are no wrong answers, just as long as it’s cooked.
- When the burger is nearly done, pop the thick cheese slices on and pop back in the grill or oven to melt the cheese. (Our favourite bit)
- Toast or grill your burger buns and spoon a good about of chilli mayo onto the base, now add the lettuce, then the burger and cheese and finally three slices of gherkin and pop on the lid.
- Eat immediately because they’re too tempting not to!