Cheddar and Bacon Loaf
- 6 Rasher of Smoked Streaky Bacon
- 100g Pilgrims Choice, Mature/Extra Mature/Vintage, 1 cm cubes
- 2 Large Free Range Eggs
- 150ml Milk
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 250g Plain Flour
- 1 tbsp Chives, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200C/fan180C/gas 6. Line a 2lb loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Slice half of the bacon rashers in to 1 cm strips and pan fry until crisp.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the flour, cheese, baking powder, chives and the crispy bacon with eggs and the milk to form a thick batter.
- Spoon the batter into the lined loaf tin and top with the remaining bacon rashers and bake for 30 minutes until golden brown.