- 1 tbsp Plain Flour
- 25g Unsalted Butter
- 300ml Semi-Skimmed Milk
- 75g Pilgrims Choice, Mature/Extra Mature/Vintage, finely grated
- 4 Large Eggs, separated
- 1 tbsp Chives, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas Mark 5.
- In a saucepan melt the butter, add the flour and cook out for a few minutes. Gradually add the milk stirring constantly until thickened. Melt through the cheese and add the chives.
- Remove from the heat and whisk through the egg yolks.
- In a clean mixing bowl, use an electric whisk and beat the egg whites until soft peaks that hold their shape.
- Add the egg whites to the cheese sauce mixture a spoon at a time, be careful not to over mix -knocking the air out, use a light folding action.
- Fill lightly greased ramekins with the soufflé mix and bake for 12-14 minutes until risen and golden. Serve immediately.