- 200g Self Raising Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 120ml Milk*
- 3 Large Free Range Eggs
- 100g Pilgrims Choice, Mature/Extra Mature/Vintage, grated
- 2 Spring Onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 20g Salted Butter, melted
- Oil or Butter for Frying
- In a mixing bowl, sift in the flour and baking powder and whisk together with the eggs and milk. Stir the cheese, spring onions and melted butter through the batter and leave to one side.
- In a large frying pan over a medium heat with a little oil or butter spoon small ladles of the batter allowing for plenty of space between them and cook for a 1-2 minutes each side until golden. They’re ready to flip once bubbles appear on the surface.
- Serve with avocado slices and poached eggs, they’re great on their own too!